|Noticeboard||Beth Din||Archives||Add Event||Subscribe||Privacy||Log in|
In Melbourne Shabbat begins Fri 12 Feb 2016 08:04 PM and ends Sat 13 Feb 2016 09:03 PM
כ"ג אלול ה' אלפים תשע"א
1) Amalya Café is now under new management - Shaul & Miri Gurewicz. Address and contact numbers remain the same.
2) Savion Café is now Kosher certified - breads are Pas Yisroel and dairy items are Chalav Yisrael. They are open Mon-Thu 7am-6pm, Fri 7am - 1 hour before Shabbos and Sunday 8am-4pm. Your hosts are the Zinreichs and the Bar Gioras. The phone is 9523-0722.
3) Continental Kosher Butchers are proud to announce that they are the recipients of 4 silver & 4 bronze awards at the 2011 Sydney Fine Food show for their Kosher certified smallgoods. CKB smallgoods and meats (Glatt, Chassidishe Shechita, Kosher L'Mehadrin under the strict supervision of Kosher Australia) are available from a range of Coles, Woolworths and Franklins stores (please check here for a full listing) throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
4) It is with great regret that Chopsticks Blue has been forced to close its doors and in the interim (at least) has ceased trading. For those consumers who purchased Scoupons recently, an announcement by the management of Chopsticks re the unused vouchers will be made soon.
5) In response to parents with children at various Jewish schools, the following school cafeterias are under the supervision of Kosher Australia - Yavneh (non CY), Mt Scopus (CY), Beth Rivkah (CY). All baked products are Pas Yisroel.
6) Pro Chef have a new Rice Bran spray oil which is Kosher certified pareve by Kosher Australia.
7) As part of our ongoing review of Schweppes carbonated drinks, Dry Ginger Ale is now Kosher approved.
8) Royal Nut Company have available Kosher certified Rosh Hashanah gift packs from their Malvern store. All Kosher certified Royal Nut products must carry the Kosher Australia Kosher symbol.
9) Nestle Aero bars and Aero Peppermint bars are now produced in Australia and are NOT recommended pending further investigation.
10) Old Time Lager is now available and carries the Kosher Australia kosher symbol.
11) Heinz Baby Blueberry Muesli has been reformulated and is NOT recommended pending further investigation.
12) Berries Online are no longer Kosher certified. Consumers are asked to contact us if they spot products still carrying the Kosher Australia symbol which is not authorised.
13) Sweet Crumble Café & Patisserie is under the supervision of Kosher Australia. Baked Products are Pas Yisroel and at this stage, all products are pareve. For more details visit http://www.sweetcrumble.com.au/.
14) Olive Processors Central Victoria are now Kosher certified and offer a variety of high quality extra virgin olive oil that is suitable for year round use including Pesach. Contact Umberto or Silvia on 03 5797 3270 or email email@example.com.
16) Greenwheat Freekeh is now Kosher certified.
17) We have fielded many calls re honeys. While conceptually pure honey is acceptable we recommend using a Kosher certified honey for a few reasons:
a. Honey may have been adulterated. There have been reports the golden syrup and glucose may be sold as honey.
b. Honey is often hot filled which again raises the issue of shared equipment.
c. Companies that undergo formal Kosher supervision should receive preference in recognition of their efforts.
The following Australian honeys carry Kosher certification:
ARCHIBALD HONEY CO
BI-LO Supplier 939409 next to B/code
BRAMWELLS - available at ALDI stores
CARLISLE HEALTH FOODS
COLES (Supplier Codes 939409 & 944474)
ISLAND BERRIES TASMANIA
SUPER BEE HONEY
18) In response to queries re the Kosher status of Kahlua, the London Beth Din have advised that based on their investigations, Kahlua formulated for sales outside the United States is kosher pareve. Kahlua sold in the United States is formulated differently and not recommended.
Best Regards & Wishing you a Safe, Healthy & Prosperous New Year
Kosher Australia Pty Ltd
main tel: 1300 KOSHER
fax: 03 9527 5665
direct: 03 8317 2502
Email this web page to a friend